Sunday, December 4, 2016

Deck the Halls

Little by little, it's starting to look a lot like Christmas in our home. Here are a few peeks...

On the hutch in the kitchen, greenery with a bow made by my mama,
a small watercolor by my friend, and Worth's third grade Christmas craft.

Merry & Bright on the mantel.

Santa stitching a flag (a gift from Sa) and
a Santa and the flag card (from Sa and Gramps years ago), framed.

Still looking for the Baby Jesus
(sorry for the reference to an inside-the-family joke)

Sweet Holy Family

My great-grandmother's organ, ready for carols.

A close-up of the plate on the organ. It was painted for me by my
grandmother Kate's best friend, Aunt Gussie to me,  in 1961.

This year's version of the tree...

...and this year's special ornament. 

Tiny tree by the front door.

Santa plates, a gift from Linda many years ago,
top the desk my great-grandfather made.
Mary Ann did the watercolor of the Hammack house, where Sa grew up.

Nativity figures, a gift from cousin Livvie, are on top of a china cabinet
that was hers originally. The angel was given to me by
 my sister (cause we married brothers), Sue.

Kate made the blocks, the mantel came out of my great-grandmother's home,
 and I bought the nesting Santas
before I even had children old enough to play with them.

Our home, especially at Christmastime, is a sentimental journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!