Saturday, April 2, 2016

bringin' back the workhorse

With scads of grandkids here for Easter, it was obvious that it was, once again, time to put away the butler's tray table. The hinges are too tempting and it's just not suited for a lot of action!

The butler's tray struggled to handle the cash register and a tractor. 

With another weekend of big family fun coming up in mid-April, it felt like a good time to revisit the old round table. It's been knocking around our family for almost fifty years in one way or another, most recently as our on-again, off-again coffee table (HERE and HERE). 

I knew a dark stain would look better with the new-to-us sofa and blue chairs, so I spent hours sanding off I don't know how many coats of wax, paint (at least five), and primer. I left the legs painted because I'm lazy, hoping that they would work with the stained top.

So far, I'm happy with the compromise and looking forward to the kids road-testing it in a few weeks!

Ready for action!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Congrats on Boy #3 for Kate! Sounds exciting for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!