For about the last ten years, we've been putting off painting the interior trim. There's so much OF it and frankly, I knew if I did the work it would take me years and possibly cost me my sanity....which is why it's not been done. Finally, the sun, stars, and moon have aligned (budget, painter availability, and no guests planned for a while), so this is what's been going on around here. After a week, the upstairs is still a work in progress, meaning this is not going to be a quick adventure. Still, it needed to be done.
While we've got them here (they stay SO busy), the halls and foyer are finally going to upgrade from the white we painted everywhere when we built to something a bit darker. You know I would have tackled this long ago if I could have figured out how to paint a two-story foyer!
While I'm here and the house is in disarray, I'm beginning to check off a few projects that have been floating around in my brain for a while. First up, a new cover for the weirdly positioned air intake. This one has been a long time coming and ended up having more steps that I would have believed possible. Everything's ready now, just waiting on that trim to get painted! I've also been making some shelves for an upstairs closet; they're ready to install as soon as the paint dries. Really looking forward to taking some 'after' photos...soon, I hope!
Not even going to talk about the caulking that's been going on. Ugh.