Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's a Fairbanks thing.

My dad was an eleventh generation descendant of Jonathan and Grace Fairbanks, who immigrated to Dedham, Massachusetts from West Riding in Yorkshire, England in 1633. Their home was built in 1636 and remained in the Fairbanks family until 1904. For the last hundred years, the homestead has been maintained as a historic museum by Fairbanks Family in America, Inc.

Fairbanks House, Dedham, Massachusetts

Last fall there was information in the the Fairbanks Family newsletter about a new walkway that was to be installed. I bought a paver in memory of daddy and my contact there was gracious enough to send me a photo. My daddy was proud to be a Fairbanks and I know he would love this.

Daddy's paver on the walkway at the Fairbanks House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!