Friday, May 2, 2014

Would have been 87

Today is another first. The first time I haven't been able to pick up the phone and tell my daddy to have a happy birthday. If I didn't know he was exactly where he is supposed to be it would be very sad, indeed (how do non-believers handle such loss?).

Recently, I came across this picture in his files (he never talked to me, ever, about Viet Nam) and am so glad I did. I have a lot of pictures of him as a boy and young man, but not many of him in the middle of his life. Looks a tiny bit like Worth, right?

Viet Nam
age 41

1 comment:

  1. The firsts are so tough. We celebrated Sonny's birthday for him, but James insisted. :) He looks a LOT like Worth. Thinking of you and your mama today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!