Sunday, November 10, 2013

More (German) Cowbell

When I was a baby we lived in Erlangen, where just before his 26th birthday, my daddy admired this hand carved cow with German cowbells. A few days later, mama loaded me up and we went back and bought it for his gift. 

Mama and me with the bell.
Clearly I was a fan.

Since that time, every child who has been in their home has considered it a treat to be allowed to ring the cowbell. For my entire childhood, mama would give it a light tap to let Daddy and me know it was mealtime. Worth and Kate did it every time they were at their grandparents' home. Friday, Bo got his turn.

Kate and Bo; he, too, was a big fan.

This cowbell has been a part of life for four generations...so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!