Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Good-bye, Poof.

I've never been especially happy with our sofa. A very long time ago we had the furniture store bring it out on approval. It's been here ever since and a new sofa was a long way down on the household wish list. 

poofy sofa

A couple of months ago, I saw a friend's post on Facebook. The camel-back sofa her mama (a lovely southern woman) had given her forty years ago needed a new home. I was more than happy to oblige.

classic sofa

She and her husband brought it over and although I was hoping to use it as is, the color just would not blend with the rest of the furniture in the living room. After scouting and ordering fabric, then connecting with another friend's upholsterer, I am happy to report that our new-to-us sofa is content in its new home (although I have no idea why the walls look so yellow in photographs). Pillows aren't finished yet, but I'm loving it already.

Welcome home!

Oh, and Poof has moved on to another home, too, where it will be appreciated and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!