Thursday, April 25, 2013

In the Corner

One of the corners in our dining room has searched for its identity since we moved in. This is one of the many looks it sported back in the green wall days.


The brass candlesticks had their turn...


...as did my grandmother's rocking chair.


I really did like having a chair there and decided the corner would be an ideal spot for a reading nook. It's far away from the noise of the television, yet convenient to the kitchen. I had the perfect small floor lamp (a cast-off from my parents) and the window for natural light. Surely one of the random chairs in our house would make a comfortable spot; maybe Granddaddy Hammack's chair?


Unfortunately, one of the springs is broken. The chair needs major repairs and new upholstery. Even with those issues and the not-so-cozy wooden arms, I tried to make it work. It just didn't so I hauled the chair back upstairs and declared that a reading nook just wasn't meant to be.

When I was visiting my parents for a few days, E.W. took matters into his own hands (for those of you who don't know, he is the shopper in the family). 


Now I have a peaceful place for my morning Bible study, a quiet place for a phone call, and a spot to enjoy my coffee. What's next? New paint, of course! Not sure when I'll get around to it, but I'm ready for something soothing, like Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!