Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weighing In

I come by my affection for vintage honestly; this scale was one of my dad's finds.  He rescued it decades ago from an Augusta warehouse slated for demolition.

This is the only information I could find that referenced a similar scale.

Someone repaired the broken pan.
Google was not very helpful.

Agate, made by Southwark Scale Co., Camden, NJ
I couldn't find anything about this scale, other than the company published a catalog in 1902.

Cleaned and oiled - gorgeous!
The weights for 2 and 6 ounces and the 1 pound weight are accurate according to my kitchen scale.  The 4 ounce weight is a little off at 3.8 ounces.

weights 
Maybe someone out there knows something?  If you do, weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!