Wednesday, March 21, 2012

adding a bit of fabric

Almost two years ago, the dining room walls took on a new color. Not long after that, I covered the side chairs in a neutral.   Both projects were a move toward the great fabric on a pair of arm chairs E.W. purchased. 

love this fabric on the armchairs 

Last week I decided to make small lumbar pillows for the side chairs.  Who knew the perfect stripe was already in my stash?      

six of these, all free!

sneak peak under the table
We've lived here for over twenty years and have always loved the clean lines of the shutters on the windows.  Not sure why I got in the mood to add some window treatments but it happened.  I wanted to spend as little as possible, so I was good to go with a 9x12 drop cloth.  The texture is wonderful and it's so easy to wash, iron, and sew.

window treatments half done
A lot of people don't even use their dining rooms.  Maybe it's because we went so many years without one (and then when we got one, it was forever before we had furniture) that I appreciate it now.  This room holds a lot of great memories of sitting around the table with family and friends... and we're ready to make more!

as I left it today

4 comments:

  1. I am one of those who is still waiting for her dining room. What's crazy is I love to cook, and love having company, and that great after-dinner conversation, when we're all grouped around the table, the candles are burning lower, and the wine is gently sipped and savored along with the company. Love your chairs and pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love the bright punch of color and the patterns together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Can't wait to see how your dining room turns out and what you use for lumbar pillows.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!