Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Foiled

If you spend any time on Pinterest, you know there is so much inspiration. One idea really intrigued me; first I saw this.  Then I saw this.

I didn't have a piece of furniture to cover, plus I didn't want to get too involved in case it was a disaster. I had this box and thought it would be perfect for a trial run.

I also had heavy duty foil, Mod Podge, and glaze, so why not?  Love when a project does not require a supply run!


Ended up with this and it will be fun to find just the right spot for it.


I liked the effect so much (although it is SO hard to photograph) that I did another version.  You can't really tell from the picture but the 'before' consisted of a framed photograph hanging in the center of an empty frame. The two frames didn't match and it was a temporary fix.

This one involved (besides the foil, Mod Podge, and glaze) the two frames, wallpaper border, foam board, and some other creative repurposing (because I was doing this without spending a dime).  I'm not saying I'm completely through, but at least it's on the wall and not the kitchen island (my go-to workspace)!

after                                       before
much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!