Friday, October 15, 2010

She's almost ten!

The first picture picture I saw of Patricia was probably taken around the time of her eighth birthday.  For the past  year and a half, I have been her sponsor through Compassion International and we've exchanged letters, prayers, birthday and Christmas greetings, drawings (her) and Bible verses (me).  I've just had that one photo so she's looked exactly the same all this time, a little girl with pigtails and a blue swirly skirt.  Imagine my delight when I received an updated picture taken at her Center!  You can tell she's a year older (she'll be ten in December!)...but that same sweet face is looking out at me.  I'm grateful to Compassion for the blessings Paty has brought to me...and for facilitating my sponsorship of her.  If you'd like to know what your $38 can do for a child, I'd be very glad to share more of my experience with you.  You can also learn what Compassion is doing by reading the Compassion blog.


2 comments:

  1. My cousin is leaving tomorrow to go on a Compassion trip to Ecuador with Buckhead Church. She's so excited and I can't wait to hear all about it! I've been so impressed with all I've heard about Compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, look how big she is! I just love the photo updates. We also get photos from most of our 6 Compassion kids after sending them a financial gift. It always makes my day to hold a new picture of one of our sweeties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!