Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In the Kitchen

Why make just a little chili when you can make a lot? Food in the freezer is like money in the bank! And while that chili is simmering, you might as well get a variety of cookies (bourbon balls, sultans, and thumb prints) ready for the holidays, right? And while cookie doughs are chilling, you might as well wash veggies and prepare a shrimp and wild rice casserole (and a dessert that promises to be decadent) for tomorrow night's Bluestockings, right? Today my nine to five was in the kitchen (and laundry room) and tonight...I'm resting!

Chili, just waiting to be made.

Chili simmering.

Bourbon balls in progress.

Bourbon balls get sugared and sent to the freezer.

Shrimp for Paula Deen's shrimp and wild rice casserole.

Beautiful veggies.

Peppers and onions for the shrimp and wild rice.

Chili, cooled and ready for the freezer.

Peanut butter cookies will be topped with Hershey kisses.

Thumb prints, Worth's favorites.

Thumb print cookie dough, ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I'm tired for you.

    I do big batch cooking as well. In fact, I'm on a mission to eat down my freezer before my next shipment of venison rolls in. Otherwise I'll have no room for the venison. And I canNOT justify a stand alone freezer for a single girl like me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!