Friday, October 9, 2009

Flashback Friday: 70's Fashion

Rachel from Home Sanctuary has been lamenting how she wasted her youth on bad fashion. Just so she'll know that others of us have made strange fashion choices, I am posting this picture from 1973. At the time, I adored these multi-color platform shoes. My roommate, Betsey, had the same shoes in the pastel version. Yes, we were lookin' good. Some of you might recognize my husband (despite his unfortunate choice of that blue suit and tie, I married him two years after this photo was taken). The other unwitting participants are my husband's brothers and parents.

4 comments:

  1. Smokin'!

    Too funny about our like-minded Christmas focus. Only 2 months and 2 weeks? I need to get cracking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had my in-law's 50th anniversary party last night and it was really fun to go back in time and laugh over some of the fashions THEY wore. The Priscilla Presley teased hair was one look that was a big player back in the day. And my own big hair from the early 80's was remarkable. :)

    I still think you look cute in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I think you look adorable! I would have gone for those shoes too. Might still....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, lol, those shoes are really something! I myself had some bad 80's fashion, but I'm not brave enough to share it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!