Monday, December 15, 2008

Y'all come back, hear?

Welcome! Whether you came from BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes or from somewhere else and have no idea what a BooMama is, fix yourself a nice snack and relax. Enjoy our tour and then click on the button on the right to see what families from here to there have done to make their homes ready for Christmas celebrations (after you get there you'll need to scroll down to find everyone's links). Part of the tour is sharing something about our holiday eating habits, too, so here's our traditional Christmas Brunch.

Now, anyone who knows us could tell you how much we treasure family keepsakes. It's just who we are. Every part of our Christmas reflects that same sensibility; no magazine will ever come to us for their December photo shoot! That being said, we wouldn't have it any other way. Who would want a fancy dancy nativity when they could cherish one that's been in the family for as long as I can remember? Yes, it came from W. T. Grant's. Yes, each piece still has a ten cent price sticker on the bottom. Yes, the hay in the stable is the hay my grandfather put in it some time around 1955. Also, our tree is not decorated. It's simply covered in ornaments made in kindergarten, pictures of first Christmases, and gifts from family and friends. Our underlying theme is this: If you gave it to us because you love us, it's a treasure. If you loved it first and then passed it along to us, we are honored.

Y'all come back, hear?





























15 comments:

  1. Love the greenery and the ornaments, so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love all those collections! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your photos and for coming by my site!
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful house...so warm and inviting. Thanks for having me over...
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are gorgeous! Love the slide show too. It's all just beautiful. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your decorations! I especially love the family tree! I am so gonna do that next year! Merry Christmas and Thanks for stopping by my blog home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job at decorating! you have such a lovely home! and I've got enough snow for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by my "house" this afternoon! I love your "not decorated" tree and all the items of sentimental value. So warm and personalized. Love it! Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the decorations! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your sweet comment about our Nativity scene! I love the story of yours, and I'm so glad that I stopped by your house for your tour! I love your Nativity scene, too!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for opening your home to us today. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely home! I love a tree filled with memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful home! And your tree is really pretty, but more importantly it is full of memories! The best kind.

    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the special ornaments! The limes and cranberries in the bowl look so festive. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for inviting us in for a Christmas tour.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Click HERE to jump to the most recent post!